Jordan-Hare Stadium


Jordan-Hare Stadium bound by West Thach,Duncan, Donahue and Roosevelt Drive.

SIZE: Currently seats 85,187
BUILT: 1939, capacity (7, 500)
ARCHITECTS: 1939 East and West wing by Warren, Knight, and Davis
CONTRACTORS: East wing by Murphy Pond Company;
West wing by R.M. Construction

ADDITIONS: 1949(21,500) 1955(34,500) 1960(44,500) 1979(61,261) 1980(72,169) 1987(85,187).

J. Ralph "Shug" Jordan: 1910-1980

Clifford LeRoy Hare:
1869-1948

 

BIOGRAPHIES


Floor Plans

Floor 1 West Upper Deck President's Suite and Upper Concourse jhare 7.jpg (530251 bytes) Fourth Level and Seating Level

jhare3.jpg (766693 bytes) jhare1.jpg (791681 bytes) jhare4.jpg (762384 bytes) jhare9.jpg (705808 bytes)


Aerial view of Auburn University Campus

Auburn University Library of Architecture, Design, and Construction

Auburn University Special Collections and Archives Homepage


Content originator: Jacqueline S. Carter

Page editor: Jennifer Feltman



2003
Return to AU Library Home