Pebble Hill



SIZE: 3,400 square feet
BUILT: 1846

CURRENT USE: Center for the Arts and Humanities

Pebble Hill is one of the oldest surviving houses in Lee County. It was built by Nathaniel Scott, a state legislator and Judge John N. Harper, half-brother of the founder of the city of Auburn. For many years, Pebble Hill was the home of college physician Cecil S. Yarbrough, who also served in the Alabama Legislature and was a mayor of Auburn. The house was a gift to Auburn University by Auburn National Bank, which had acquired title through the Auburn Heritage Association


Floor Plans

First and Second Floors


Aerial view of Auburn University Campus

Auburn University Library of Architecture, Design, and Construction

Auburn University Special Collections and Archives Homepage


Content originator: Jacqueline S. Carter

Page editor: Jennifer Feltman



2003
Return to AU Library Home