History of Cater Hall




The Social Center

The Social Center for the Women's Dormitory was erected in 1915 and was known as the President's Mansion. It was designed by Joseph Hudnut and built at a cost of $17,000. This building served as a home for the President until 1938, when the new President's Home was constructed, then it was remodeled as a social center and office for the Women's Dormitory. In 1944 the East wing was remodeled to house a post office for the women.