Dr. E. Travis York, Jr.
- Director of the Alabama Extension Service:
- May 1959 until April 1961.
- Valley Head, AL, July 4, 1922
- BS (Ag Science) 1942, A.P.I.
- MS (Agronomy) 1946, A.P.I.
- PhD (Soil Science) 1949, Cornell
- Military Service:
- Captain, Field Artillery, U.S. Army, 1943-1945.
- Career Resume:
- Professor, North Carolina State College, 1949-1956.
- Eastern Director, American Potash Institute, 1956-1959.
- Director, Alabama Extension Service, 1959-1961.
- Administrator, Federal Extension Service, USDA, 1961-1963.
- Provost, University of Florida, 1963