Guide to the Antioch Baptist Church Records, RG 007
Listed by: Dieter C. Ullrich
Date: May 2003
1 item (50 pages)
Number of Boxes:
2 file folders (Short Collection)
The Antioch Baptist Church was formed on May 12, 1832 at Curry's Mill about eight miles southeast of present day Troy, Alabama in Pike County. The Church joined the Conecuh River Baptist Association in October of 1837. In 1856 the church changed its affiliation to the Salem Association and then later became a part of the Salem-Troy Association when the two merged in 1904. The church's present location is on Connell Road a mile from Alabama Highway 231.
Scope and Content:
Consists of microfilmed records ledger and transcripts of the Antioch Baptist Church conference meetings from May 12, 1832 to October 20, 1855. Includes information on church business such as preachers presiding at the church, abstract of the baptist faith, by-laws, resolutions and association membership.
Return to Special Collections & Archives Homepage