Guide to the Nathaniel T. Lupton Conversation Club Records, RG 017
Listed by: Dieter C. Ullrich
Date: May 2003
Number of Boxes:
1 - 1/2 Letter Doc Box
The Nathaniel T. Lupton Conversation Club was founded in 1887 among the faculty members at Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical College (presently Auburn University) for social and intellectual improvement. The club was named for Nathaniel Thomas Lupton, a chemistry professor at the college and a charter member.
Scope and Content:
Contains the constitution, minutes, programs, notes, membership lists, and miscellaneous items. of the Nathaniel T. Lupton Conversation Club from 1887 to 1899. Includes a speech presented on the 25th anniversary of the Conversation Club pointing out the club's accomplishments along with reminiscences by Taccoa Cozart of club meetings in 1897.
Return to Special Collections & Archives Homepage