Guide to the Faculty Minutes, RG 466
Processed and Listed by: Dieter C. Ullrich
Date: January 2003
1.0 cubic feet; 4 items.
Number of Boxes:
4 bound volumes in individual boxes.
Type of material:
Some foxing and aging.
Historical or Biographical Sketch:
The faculty members of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama began meeting on a regular bases as early as 1872 but no documentation of these meetings exists until 1874. The faculty met weekly when the school was in operation during the spring, winter and fall. Some meetings were held bi-weekly and special meetings of the faculty met during special events or situations that needed to be addressed. In 1899, the college was renamed the Alabama Polytechnic Institute. Meetings were documented until 1933 when a committee system appears to have replaced the general faculty meeting. The topics discussed cover a broad range from individual student performance to curriculum standards.
Scope and Content:
Contains meeting minutes of the General Faculty of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama (1874-1898) and the Alabama Polytechnic Institute (1899-1933).
Return to Special Collections & Archives Homepage