AUBURN UNIVERSITY SPECIAL
COLLECTIONS & ARCHIVES
Guide to the Wilkerson Family Letters, RG 657
Dieter C. Ullrich
Date: May 5, 2003
Size of Collection:
The Wilkerson family resided in Reeltown, Tullapoosa County,
Alabama prior to and during the American Civil War. Following the war,
Simeon C. Wilkerson relocated to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Contains five letters from members of the Wilkerson family of Reeltown, Tullapoosa
County, Alabama. Includes a letter from Captain Simeon C. Wilkerson of the 18th Alabama Infantry Regiment from a camp near
Chattanooga on November 4, 1862 and a letter from Private William W. Wilkerson of the 51st
Alabama Infantry Regiment from a camp near Dalton on January 23, 1864.
Confederate States Army - 18th Alabama Infantry Regiment.
Confederate States Army - 51st Alabama Infantry Regiment.
Wilkerson, Simeon C.
Wilkerson, William W.
Woods, S. S.
American Civil War, 1861-1865.
1. Correspondence from S. B. Woods to Mr. Campbell - January 27, 1861, Nashville, Tennessee. (Page 1 - Page 2)
2. Correspondence from S. B. Woods - June 24, 1862, Glencoe, Alabama. (Page 1 - Page 2 - Page
3 - Page 4)
3. Correspondence from Simeon C. Wilkerson to his wife - November 4, 1862, Chattanooga,
Tennessee. (Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4)
4. Correspondence from Eliza Wilkerson to her daughter - December 16, 1863, [Reeltown, Alabama] (Page 1 - Page 2)
5. Correspondence from William W. Wilkerson to his sister - January 23, 1864, Dalton, Georgia. (Page 1 - Page 2)
to Special Collections & Archives Homepage