Photographs from
Mickey Logue and Jack Simms, 
Auburn: The Loveliest Village Collection, RG 798

Selected images and captions from Mickey Logue and Jack Simms, Auburn: A Pictorial History of  The Loveliest Village, 2nd edition (Auburn, Ala.:  s.n., 1996), that illustrate the history of the city and campus.

Copies of Auburn:  A Pictorial History of the Loveliest Village can be purchased from your local bookstore or by writing to Auburn Pictorial History, P.O. Box 1891, Auburn, Alabama 36831-1891

Page 1 of 7.

A watermelon cutting 

Auburn Knights Orchestra 

President Philpott with students

Auburn, ca. 1910

Pruning Peach Trees, ca. 1900

At the Auburn Depot, ca. 1899

Private Joseph D. Robinson of Chambers County 

Confederate Monument at Pine Hill Cemetery

"Old Main"

Samford Hall under construction, 1888-90

Langdon Hall, ca. 1883

Remodeling Langdon Hall, 1892

Auburn cadets in Montgomery, 1888

Faculty, ca. 1890

Library, ca. 1900

Auburn's First Fraternity, SAE, in 1897

Auburn Bicycle Club, ca. 1890s 

Auburn's Football Team, ca. 1892

Coach John Heisman, while at Auburn

Track and Field at Samford Hall, ca. 1900

Next PageLast Page




1996-1999 Digital Arts & Sciences Corporation
Created by ImageAXS Pro.