RG No.: 798
RG Name: Logue-Simms Photographs
Page from 2nd edition: 50
Image Title: Library, ca. 1890
Photo Date: ca 1890
Full Caption:
"A librarian was appointed in 1877, according to the college catalogue of that year.  The library was destroyed along with Old Main in the fire of 1887.  When Samford Hall was built on the same site, the library was placed in it and by 1894 contained some 8,000 volumes."  (From Through the Years: Auburn from 1856 by Malcolm McMillan and Allen Jones) -- Photo: AU Archives

First PagePrevious PageParent PageNext PageLast Page