RG No.: 798
RG Name: Logue-Simms Photographs
Page from 2nd edition: 79
Image Title: Constructing Samford Hall
Photo Date: ca. 1888-90
Full Caption:
This workman used a wagon, a mule, and two oxen to help move materials used in building Samford Hall in 1888-90.  The man held a separate line to each animal.  Hitching posts were common in Auburn in those days.  At this stage of construction, the building is recognized by its distinctive window trim.  For many years, a white picket fence stood on the College Street side and a white board fence on the Thach Avenue side of Samford Park. -- Photo: AU Archives

First PagePrevious PageParent PageNext PageLast Page