RG No.: 798
RG Name: Logue-Simms Photographs
Page from 2nd edition: 186
Image Title: Solution to the post-war housing shortage--trailers
Photo Date: ca. 1946-7
Full Caption:
A trailer village helped fill the housing needs of about fifty married veterans and their families.  Two of these war surplus trailers were equipped as bathhouses for those living in the village.  The trailers stood behind Cary Hall and on the parking lot behind what was then Magnolia Dorm.  Downhill from the trailers was Drake Infirmary, part of which is visible behind the man holding the baby at right.  Magnolia Dorm was replaced by the $15 million Lowder Building, which became the home the College of Business in mid-1992. -- Photo: Auburn Alumnews

First PagePrevious PageParent PageNext PageLast Page