The MDRL provides the following print services to eligible lab patrons:
Large-format (poster) printing: Large-format printing is a resource for students of Auburn University for class assignments or academic research projects. See the MDRL Help Desk for setup assistance and approval of large-format prints.
The MDRL does not provide large-format printing for personal, campus organization, or departmental purposes. For example, we do not print birthday posters, Greek or campus event materials, or departmental signage. For those needs, you should contact a local printing business, such as CopyCat.
Self-service laser printing: Laser printing is self-service. All charges for laser printing are automatically charged to your student eBill as follows:
- Color laser printing costs 50¢ per sheet-side. Available sheet sizes include Letter, Legal, Tabloid, and certain pre-approved custom media. The 50¢ charge applies to the sheet-side, regardless of its size. Our color laser printer supports double-sided (duplex) printing for most media types. Duplex prints are billed as two sheet-sides.
- Black-and-white (monochrome) laser printing costs 7¢ per sheet-side. Available sheet sizes include Letter, Legal, and certain pre-approved custom media. The 7¢ charge applies to the sheet-side, regardless of its size. Duplex prints are billed as two sheet-sides.
Here are some more things to keep in mind when you print:
- The MDRL is not a drop-off service bureau. We will help you print, but you must visit the lab in-person.
- Charges for self-service laser printing include anything that you accidentally print. Think before you click print, and choose the self-service printer carefully! For example, printing a black-and-white document to the color laser printer will charge you the same as if it were in color.
- Be efficient! Check out our money-saving tips for laser printing.
Nov 18, 2011