Ralph Brown Draughon Library 50th Anniversary
Welcome to the Ralph Brown Draughon 50th Anniversary site. This site details the history of the Auburn University Libraries. Click on a time period below to learn more.
About The Libraries
The combined collections of the Auburn University Libraries contain over 3 million volumes as well as 2.6 million government documents, 2.5 million microforms, and over 148,000 maps. The Libraries receive over 35,000 current periodicals, many which are available online.
The library also provides access to over 227 electronic databases and has over 10 million archival and manuscript items.
The Ralph Brown Draughon Library is named in honor of Dr. Ralph Brown Draughon, president of Auburn University from 1947 to 1965, and a moving force behind the construction of the original portion of the Library. With the completion of a 207,000 square foot addition in 1991, the Library has a seating capacity of 2,500 designed to serve the study, teaching, and research needs of Auburn students, faculty, and staff.