1940s

Miss Martin Retires (June 30th, 1949)

Reference Department Organized (1949)

Advisory Book Selection Committee Appointed (1948)

Audio-Visual Service Begins (1947)

Interlibrary Loan Starts For Faculty Members (1945)

Miss Jewel Davis was in charge of the Interlibrary Loan service that started for faculty members.

Reserve Reading Room Opens (1945)

Dr. Clyde Cantrell Library Director (1940)

Dr Clyde Cantrell named director of libraries. He served in this position from 1944 to 1973.