Policies & Services
- Special Collections & Archives is not a general study area.
- Leave food and drink outside the department.
- Store back packs, purses, and similar items at the reference desk.
- Abide by whatever limitations donors have placed on private archival and manuscript material.
- Abide by state and federal laws relevant to the inspection of public records.
- Use either pencils, cameras, or laptops for note taking, not pens.
- Do not mark materials with post-it notes, paper clips, or folds.
- Do not write on or over materials.
- Keep materials in the order that you found them.
- Keep materials inside the department.
- Notify a Special Collections & Archives staff member if you wish to scan or photocopy fragile materials.
- Special Collections & Archives can provide scans, photocopies, or other duplicates of materials to off-site researchers on a fee for services basis.
- Do not employ Auburn University’s registered trademarks for commercial purposes without the permission of the Office of Trademarks and Licensing.
- Acknowledge archival and manuscript materials in footnotes, credits, or other venues as among the holdings of Special Collections & Archives, Auburn University.
- Complete a retrieval slip if requesting material from Special Collections & Archives locked stacks areas.
Special Collections & Archives
Ralph B. Draughon Library
Auburn, Alabama 36849-5606
Nov 04, 2015