Policies & Services
- Abide by whatever limitations donors have placed on private archival and manuscript material.
- Abide by state and federal laws relevant to the inspection of public records.
- Do not employ Auburn University’s registered trademarks for commercial purposes without the permission of the Office of Trademark Management and Licensing.
- Please acknowledge use of archival and manuscript materials from the holdings of the Special Collections & Archives Department in footnotes, credits, Web-based publications, or other publication venues. Example: "Image courtesy of Special Collections & Archives, Auburn University Libraries."
Reading Room Policies
- Special Collections & Archives is not a general study area.
- Leave food and drink outside the department.
- Store back packs, purses, and similar items at the reference desk.
- Complete a retrieval slip if requesting material from Special Collections & Archives locked stacks areas.
- Notify a Special Collections & Archives staff member if you wish to scan or photocopy fragile materials.
- Use either pencils, cameras, or laptops for note taking, not pens.
- Do not mark materials with post-it notes, paper clips, or folds.
- Do not write on or over materials.
- Keep materials in the order that you found them.
- Keep materials inside the department.
Services and Fees
- Special Collections & Archives can provide scans, photocopies, or other duplicates of materials to off-site researchers on a fee-for-services basis.
- The fee for photocopies is $15.00 for the first 20 pages and 20 cents per page for any additional pages. Postage fees may apply.
- The fee for digitizing images or documents may be obtained by e-mailing email@example.com.
Special Collections & Archives
Ralph B. Draughon Library
Auburn, Alabama 36849-5606
Mar 14, 2018