Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
 Library Specialist
RBD Library 2nd Floor
 Reference Tools
Handbooks and General Reference Resources
- CRB Commodity Yearbook
Ref. HF 1041 C 56
2nd floor Desk Ref. C 3.134/2:C 83/2/
- Economic Survey of Europe
- HC 240 A 1. U477
- FAO Yearbook. Production.
- HD 1421 F 585
- FAO Yearbook. Trade.
- HD 9000.4 F 58
- Guide to Rural Data
- HB 2385 S 26 1995
- International Marketing Data and Statistics
- HA 42 I 56
- Sustainable Agriculture: Directory of Expertise: Profiles of more than 700 Organizations and Individuals who can help you meet your Farming Stewardship and Profitability Goals
- Ref S 441 S 964 1996
- World Food Marketing Directory
- HD 9000.3 W 676 1999
- World Tables
- Ref HC 59.W669
 Subject Profile Call Numbers
|Call number range||LC Subject Heading|
|HB||Economic Theory. Demography.|
|HD 1401 - HD 2210||Agricultural Economics.|
|HF 5716||Tables of Cost, Weights of Particular Commodities.|
|HG 2041 - HG 2051||Agricultural Credit.|
|HJ 4165 - HJ 4449||Land. Taxation Practice.|
|HN 978 - HN 989||Social Problems. Developing Countries.|
|HT 401 - HT 485||Rural Sociology.|
|KF 1681 - KF 1773||Agricultural and Forestry Law.|
|S 494.5.D3||Data Processing in Agriculture.|
|S 560 - S 570.3||Farm Economics. Farm Management.|
|T 57.6 - T 57.9||Operations Research. Systems Analysis.|
 Indexes and Databases
All databases are available on campus and remotely unless otherwise noted. To access a database or electronic journal from home, use your Auburn University identification or call the Reference Desk at (334) 844-1737.
- An index with abstracts to periodicals in business, including economics, finance, accounting, management, marketing and transportation. Coverage is from 1971 forward and approximately 60% of the database is full text.
- National Agricultural Library's database indexing agriculture journal articles, book chapters,agriculture extension bulletins, etc. from 1970-present.
- Covers public and private companies, industries, products, and markets. Approximately 60% of the database is full text.
- CAB is an International database covering literature in all fields of agriculture, forestry, animal sciences, nutrition and food science, etc. from 1910-present.
- Produced by the American Economics Association, EconLit indexes and abstracts more than 450 international economic journals. EconLit source material includes journal articles, essays, research papers, books. dissertations, book reviews, and working papers. Contains records from 1969-present.
- CSA Sociological Abstracts Database is a primary resource for accessing the latest research sponsored in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database draws information from an international selection of over 2,600 journals and other serials publications, plus conference papers, books, and dissertations. Records added after 1974 contain in-depth and nonevaluative abstracts of journal articles.
- Statistical Universe is used to find all statistics issued by the U.S. government back to 1973 through the American Statistics Index (ASI), private and state government sources from 1980 forward through the Statistical Reference Reference Index (SRI); and other titles from the Index to International Statistics (IIS).
- Contains abstracts of papers from over 8,300 scholarly journals and features full electronic fulltext articles in PDF for over 4,500 journals back to 1975 and sometimes earlier. Academic Search Premiercontains papers from a variety of subject areas to include biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, english language and literature, education, art, philosophy and religion, etc.
- Covers abstracts and indexing for over 11,000 popular magazines and scholarly journals and features some full text articles for some back to 1980. This is a general interest database that covers current events, general sciences, social sciences, and humanities and some sciences.
- Covering the years 1861 – Present, the Dissertations and Theses database contains over 2 million records of dissertations and theses from graduate schools worldwide. All records have abstracts. Some records from around 1997 to present allow previews of the first 24 pages. A small number of records have the full document available in PDF. The majority are available in paper or microfilm which can be requested from Inter-Library Loan.
Current Awareness Resources
- Ingenta,a database of articles from over 18,000 journals, allows FAXing of articles not owned by Auburn University Libraries. This is a library-subsidized service that is available to Auburn faculty, staff, and graduate students who register.
- Web of Science is an authoritative database of over 11,000 high impact journals in the sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities. The database provides references and their citations going back to 1945 for the sciences, and to 1984 for the other areas.
 Web Sites
- AgDB (Agricultural Databases)
- (Searchable directory of databases, datasets, and information systems.)
- Ag Econ Search: Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics
- (Full-text reports of scholarly research in agricultural and applied economics.)
- Agricultural Law Center
- (The NCALRI provides current information concerning the complex legal issues that affect American agriculture today.)
- Auburn Libraries Economics Links
- (Links to economics sites.)
- FAOSTAT Agricultural Statistics Database
- (Information about harvests of foodstuffs by country or continent in a searchable database.)
- Farm Service Agency
- (FSA operates the USDA farm loan and conservation programs.)
- Farmland Information Library
- (Resources for preserving and protecting farmland from threats ranging from erosion to suburbia.)
- (FAS provides information of interest to US Food Exporters.)
- TVA Rural Studies
- (Focuses on rural economic growth ideas.)
- (A collaborative project between Albert R. Mann Library at Cornell University and several agencies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, containing 2500 reports and statistical data on agricultural topics)
 Research Guides
Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology: the Contemporary Core Literature
HD 1415 O 47 1991
Commodities Futures Trading: a Guide to Information Sources and Computerized Services
HG 6046 N 53 1985
Data Sources for Business and Market Analysis
HF 5415.124 F 7 1994
Marketing Information: a Professional Reference Guide
HF 5415.124 M 37 1995
 Associations and Societies
- (ARA: Agricultural Retailers Association)
- (AAEA: American Agricultural Economics Association)
- (AEA: American Economic Association)
- (IRSA: International Rural Sociology Association)
- (NAMA: National Agri-Marketing Association)
 Discussion Lists and Newsgroups
 Auburn University Department and Course Pages
- Departmental and Faculty Web Pages
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System
If you have any comments about this information page, please contact