Auburn University Libraries is seeking applicants for the position of Student Assistant to assist faculty and staff with daily, routine library operations. Positions are available in one of the following departments: Administrative Offices; Cary Veterinary Medical Library; Circulation/Reserve; Technical Services; Document Delivery; Library of Architecture, Design and Construction; Media and Digital Resource Lab; Research and Instruction; Special Collections and Archives or Systems.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
File; return items to shelves; sort books or other materials; answer questions at the desk; take items to other departments within the building or other departments on campus; check materials out of the libraries; check books out of the libraries for patrons; scan; answer phones; sort and deliver mail; and repair books.
- Report for the shift on time
- Interest in public service and delivery of quality customer service
- Be willing to work as a team member while interacting with faculty, staff, and students
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Dependability, multi-tasking, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are imperative.
- A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is essential.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, balancing, hearing, handling objects with hands, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
Students will work up to 20 hours per week between the following days/hours depending on availability.
Monday - Thursday - 7:45 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Fridays - 7:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday - 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Starting hourly rate is $7.25. Additional pay is offered based on time of day worked and level of responsibility. Pay increases are available based on longevity in the Libraries.