Auburn University Libraries is seeking dynamic, creative, results-oriented applicants for the position of Student Assistant Desk Supervisor to work customer service points at the Circulation Desk and the Mell Classroom Information Desk. This position has a non-traditional work schedule and will report to the Library Associate I in the Circulation Department.
Assist all library patrons at the desks; answer questions face to face or via phone; maintain a safe and secure environment and coordinate with security officers; check library materials in and/or out; return items to the shelves; sort books and other library materials; and assist with printing and scanning needs.
- Report for the shift no later than 11:55 pm
- Be fully prepared and alert for the up all night shift
- Strong interest in public service and delivery of quality customer service
- Be willing to work as a team member while interacting with faculty, staff, and students
- Initiative to complete complex projects
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Attention to detail and familiarity with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, are essential.
- Dependability, multi-tasking, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are imperative.
- A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is essential.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, balancing, hearing, handling objects with hands, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
Monday through Friday 12:00 am - 7:30 am. Students will work up to 20 hours per week.
$11.50/hour ($9.10/hr for hours worked outside of Up All Night)