9:38 AM, February 16, 2007

In September 1922 WMAV ("We Make a Voice") began radio broadcasting on this campus.  In 1926 the radio station became WAPI ("W" plus "Alabama Polytechnic Institute").  The Special Collections and Archives Department has mounted an exhibit located in five flat glass cases featuring the early history of WAPI radio including numerous photographs, program transcripts, telegrams, correspondence, and other documents. 

The Special Collections and Archives Department is located on the Ground Floor of the Ralph Brown Draughon Library.

Be Sociable, Share!
Posted by Auburn Libraries | in Announcements | Comments Off on Library Exhibit: WAPI Radio Station


Comments are closed.