During the month of July, AU Libraries, in partnership with U.S. Census Bureau, is offering two webinars:
- Census Data for Community Analysis(July 16th)
- How to Access Race and Ethnicity Data(July 23rd)
The U.S Census is one of the most important datasets available to researchers. Census data is used to guide business and economic development, community planning, social services, and healthcare delivery. The first webinar, Census Data for Community Analysis, will address how to access key demographic, social, economic, and housing indicators for research involving community analysis. Participants will:
- Learn to access neighborhood-level data (zip code and census tracts) to conduct community analysis
- Learn how to work with current data on age, income, poverty, race/ethnicity, health, and other community analysis measures
- Learn to download datasets from data.census.gov and other Census sites
Time: 60 minutes; both webinars will be held on a Friday, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information & to register, go to:
Registration is free.