Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, Auburn University Libraries will be on a modified operations model through the fall 2020 semester.
“This model will help the Libraries to operate safely both for our users and employees,” said Dr. Shali Zhang, Dean of Auburn University Libraries. “Certain steps have had to be taken to keep the building and their materials clean and safe.”
All users will be required to wear a face covering while in library buildings. They are also required to adhere to current campus social distancing policies.
To accommodate daily thorough cleanings of the building, Ralph Brown Draughon Library will be open the following hours:
Mon. to Thurs.: 7:45 a.m. to midnight
Fri.: 7:45 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sat.: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sun.: 1 p.m.to midnight
Full library hours may be viewed here: https://www.lib.auburn.edu/hours/index.php
In order to prevent transmission of the virus through shared materials, the following modifications to lending have been put in place:
• Active faculty may request items be delivered to their office via Campus Delivery. Please be aware that processing times may vary depending on current workload and staff availability.
• Loaning of physical books through traditional reserves has been suspended due to the "high touch" nature of hourly reserves and the need to properly quarantine material between patrons.
Faculty may explore two options for providing resources to their class:
1. Request scans of selected book chapters from our current collection via AUBIExpress.
2. Reach out to the Subject Specialist Librarian to request the purchase of an eBook or streaming video if available.
• AUBIExpress and other interlibrary loan services are available and can be accessed through the online catalog or from the Delivery Services web page: https://www.lib.auburn.edu/ill/
• Current staff and graduate students may request materials via Campus Delivery for no-contact pick up in the atrium at the parking deck entrance You will be emailed once items are ready at which point you may pick them up at your convenience during the RBD Library’s current operating hours.
Faculty may contact their subject specialist liaisons at https://libguides.auburn.edu/libraryinstruction/contact to find out more about accessing library resources.
For a frequently asked questions list detailing fall 2020 library operations visit: https://www.lib.auburn.edu/fall-operations-2020-faq/